Can you believe that when we were in High School, you expected in your future that you'd be getting everything your parents had, or if that situation was bad, you would have a better situation than them. You knew you'd have the husband/wife, the dream house and then, kids. Kids seemed inevitable---you spent most of your teens avoiding getting yourself--or someone else--pregnant. Your whole life was spent getting as much as you could, but preventing a baby at all costs.
Fast forward past HS, college, dating, marriage and house (or some sort of place you live). Then you decide to have a child--whether by choice or purely by accident. This is where my blog picks up: 2008--kid time!
My husband is paranoid about this blog. He wants to use fake names--fine then. I will name him Johnny. I have an infatuation with the name Johnny that goes back several years.
Johnny and I had gone back and forth about kids. He actually wanted them way way before I even entertained the idea. My parents had kids when I was 12 and 14 respectively--I was an oopsie with a different father than my sisters. So, I had enough of kids with the incessant babysitting I did.
But a funny thing happens when you get older. You suddenly feel like a creepy old person going to the Museum of Science, or aquarium, and look on jealously as other parents tote their little ones around. You envision what you would say if that was your kid, and your child gazing at you through your eyes, or eyes that look like your husband's, in wonder as you explain the universe to them. Yes, I know, the reality is you are chasing the kid around while they drip drool and snot incessantly all over everything, and constantly wondering "What is that smell" as you sniff their bottom. But I can still dream, can't I? Oh, I mean the wonder thing, not the butt sniffing thing.
So in July of 2008, Johnny and I decided to toss the Pill out the window and let fate take control.
More to come...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment